Thursday, March 14, 2013

Procrastination

Procrastination is not merely a choice, it is a condition. As I pondered many topics to blog about, nothing came to mind until now, at 11:50, because I am a procrastinator. Being a procrastinator means you cannot simply do an assignment before it is due, there is not enough drive in your mind to do it. That pressure to get it done is what supplies that drive to do well; without it, the task simply cannot be accomplished. If you are not sure if you have the condition of procrastination, here are a few common symptoms: struggling to get tasks done days or hours before they are due, waiting until math class the bell before to do your science homework, starting your homework at night and not being able to focus so it's done in the morning before school. If this has been you in many situations, you probably understand what I am talking about. Another prime example of procrastination is me, right now, for instance. I could have gotten this done in class today, or at 7 when i got home, but eh, I took a nap. Then, I ate some cheesecake while still wondering what to blog about. After eating, I took a hot shower. Finally I realized what I was doing and I was of course procrastinating. Procrastinating is not necessarily a bad thing, some people can only work hard under pressure. It is understood that others feel pressure with the thought that something is due in the future and they feel the need to get it done as soon as possible, but they just merely have a different mindset and different needs for working conditions. This is when I am comforable completing tasks as when any other procrastinator would be comfortable, at midnight the night the assignment is due. Again, it is not a choice for procrastinators to complete tasks at the last second, it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment