Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's Almost Christmas!!!


 
I am not quite sure what to write about so I’ll just start with something that is very exciting for everyone. The Holidays! I think everyone should go all out for this year’s holidays, I mean by starting to celebrate a month in advance for Christmas, and buying lots of gifts, and making a bunch of Christmas cookies. So far we’ve been decorating the Writing Center room and we’re having a Secret Santa before December even starts, which is really awesome. What made me think to write about this is because I’ve been thinking about what made us so excited for winter when we were little and it’s that we started preparing for the holidays super early. I feel like last year’s Christmas just came and went, at least for me it did. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but it was really short. That’s why this year needs to be different. I am going to watch all the really goofy movies, like Frosty the Snowman and listen to the seasonal music on 93.3 even if they did start the day after Halloween. Another reason this topic is in my mind, is that my grandma always has this tradition of insanely decorating her house and I just visited her. Although her house is not that big, she has enough fake snow, candy canes, and Christmas Trees to decorate the North Pole. It takes me forever to look around; I think she even decorates the closets. With that said, I think every one should enjoy this month. The holidays only come once a year, so we should not just let it keep passing by.

~Emily Schulte~

2 comments:

  1. Em,
    I totally agree. It just feels like a year to go all out with spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. A holiday goal of mine is to appreciate and anticipate the season and festivities with my family. I can't wait to watch Elf and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

    Wahl

    ReplyDelete