Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Seniors (Cayla Martin)

For 4 years we have been surrounded by the same familiar faces, some that we love and some, well not so much. Although my brain is screaming "I'm so excited to be done with high school and move on," I am starting to look around the crowded halls of Milford High School and realize that soon I won't be coming back here. I won't be seeing most of these people again. This bittersweet realization is opening my eyes to the changes that I'm about to experience in my life. All of us are heading out into a big world, one we've never really explored before. For the past 18 years, I'm sure most of us have thought at some point "I can't wait to get out of here. I can't wait to be on my own." But now that it's really happening, it's a little scary. We're about to encounter countless new faces that we've never seen before. It's finally time for the seniors to move on and figure out exactly what the future has in store for them.

College is an exciting concept. Have you ever thought about how different it will be? We don't need a hall pass to go to the bathroom anymore. We don't need a note from mommy to get out of class early. No assigned seats, no attendance records (in most cases). No curfew! We finally get to be independent adults...weird, right? Soon we will have responsibilities that a lot of us have never had before. This is the crucial time that we will find out who we really are but also how hard it can be to live on our own.  Most of us are moving to a campus somewhere; we are about to have a new home. All new friends, new teachers, new classes, a roommate. And most importantly, our parents won't be sleeping down the hall from us. So many changes are happening that it's almost hard to believe that this will be happening in the matter of months.

The future is bright my friends, it is what you make of it. So do me a favor...make it count! Have fun and enjoy all of the opportunities college has to offer. It's time to start making our dreams become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment