Tuesday, December 4, 2012

asdfjkl;

Hey guys! For starters, I would like to inform everyone about Creative Writing Club's "Open Mike Night"! The official date and time is uncertain (some time in February), but everyone is welcome to come. We will share original pieces of writing with eachother and refreshments will be provided. If you are interested in sharing please see Mrs. Lombardo, Joshua Lepard, Skippy, or me (Sam Bryant). This is just an introduction, more information and details are to come!
Next, I would like to share a poem (more like a ramble) that i wrote in Creative Writing Club. (:
Sustained Happiness
I am often skeptical about sustained happiness.
That is, the smile I wear should have some time to rest.
But lately I have found it to be so bright and irresistable,
So vaguely interested in the traditional tedium,
So painfully proud of the ridges in it's teeth.
One would think I should enjoy this,
but I only find myself fearful of what is
to come.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to let us know when you have an exact date for Open Mike. Great poem. I love the first line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the poem. Interesting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete