Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Do I Know Them?

Hello world! Recently, I received the assignment to write a narrative. I chose to write about the clan of weirdos I call my grandparents. Here's a small excerpt to give you an idea of what I deal with on a daily basis.

          Now, I’m about to share some experiences with you all that have been both extremely embarrassing, but hilarious at the same time. Some of these stories, I haven’t shared with anyone outside of my family; you should feel lucky. Although my grandparents can’t help it, all four of them are EXTREMELY embarrassing and odd people. I’ve tried to narrow it down to one embarrassing time for each of them, but as hard as I tried, I couldn’t decide on just one for certain people. Let’s start with Maury. Due to his friendly nature, my grandpa has gotten me into some situations I wish I never had to go through. Although he definitely has good intentions, sometimes I don’t understand the logic behind what he does. For example, my grandpa is a very sociable person, especially with teenage boys. Now, trust me, I would be totally fine with this if he didn’t try to hook me up with each boy he talks to. For example, almost every vacation we go on, there has to be a group of teenage boys walking around our hotel, and my grandfather feels inclined to talk to them. One time, I specifically remember, he asked a boy if he thought I was pretty, and would consider being my boyfriend. That is all I have to say about that.
           As for Carol, I have way too many ideas for embarrassing times. I’ll start off with the less embarrassing, cute grandma story. My grandma enjoys coming to her grandchildren’s sporting events, which I love but fear all at the same time. Not only does she talk to everyone around her about random things, she also feels the need to scream out “score one for grandma” after almost every single point. She’s an interesting person. In addition to her cheerleading, my grandma also specializes in getting sick on planes. My grandparents took me to Spain my freshman year and on the way back, my grandma ate a bad egg and suffered the consequences. She threw up all over the seat and didn’t do it quietly. Everyone around us was staring with quite disgusted faces, as one should. I get grossed out just thinking about it.

I hope you've learned something today, and maybe learned to value the normal qualities your grandparents possess. If this sounds entertaining to you, I have an add on craig's list for them. Contact me anytime about prices.






No comments:

Post a Comment