Thursday, January 3, 2013

Exam Stress

Right about this time every year students return from holiday break in a frenzie to study for upcoming exams.  Exams count for a large portion of our grades which makes the stress they induce understandable.  In my high school career I have taken 9 huge exams and each and every one of those tests made me want to cry.  I cried not because I didn't understand what I was doing but because I had simply too much to do.  With the change to quarter exams the new exam week has gotten even more stressful.  Now I have studying and new homework to focus on.  All of it simply becomes too much so in order to not break down I do a couple things.  First, I take a stetp back and put all my work into piles.  Then one by one I get through the piles and after that I do a tribal dance, but not really.  After the piles are gone I lay down on my couch and watch some trash television so I don't have to think about anything.  When the test comes I simply say YOLO and destroy the test.  Most the time the test destroys me but hey, at least I tried.  Studying is something that will be around until my schooling is over but no matter what I will hate quarter exam studying more than anything.  After this week is over I will be a ray of sunshine but until then I am tired and angry.  Hopefully all of your exams go well!!!

Margaret Gearhart

No comments:

Post a Comment