Monday, January 7, 2013

Favorite Books

           I'm interested to know... what's everyone's favorite books? Or what are your favorite series'? And what makes you like those series'? I think I tend to like books in which I enjoy relating to, or putting myself in the main character's situation. For example, my favorite series'  are Harry Potter, Twilight, Percy Jackson, and Eragon; I would love to be a wizard, vampire, demigod, or dragonrider.
           Harry Potter was fun to read because of all of his adventures and what he accomplished throughout growing up. I'd like to be in his situation because I like being under pressure, and of course having hi capabilites would be quite enjoyable.
           Twilight is probably my most favorite. All of the relationships in it; family, friends, and couples, were all nice to follow, and I believe they teach you some about real life relationships and how to treat people you're close to. Also, the awesomeness of vampires and their capabilities just make me wish I could be one. Being a werewolf would be interesting as well... but you wouldn't have the ability to live forever.
           Percy Jackson being part god just seems like it would be the coolest thing ever. I mean who wouldn't love to control elements or be able to control other people's emotions or reactions? You could get away with so much fun with this. This is why I loved reading about all of his adventures with other demigods like him; if I could choose to be anyone from a book or fantasy, I'd be a demigod.
           Eragon was probably the series I got most hooked on. I think I read each of those books in a day or so. I was obsessed with the relationship between him (a dragon rider) and Arya (an elf princess). I was constantly hoping they would get together at some point but in the end I was so disappointed when they couldn't be together because he had to leave to raise baby dragons. (Sorry if I spoiled it). Anyways, I'd enjoy being able to ride a dragon, and influence the elements like he can. I enjoyed this series a lot although the end disappointed me.
           Leave comments and let me know what everyone's favorite books are. Thanks (:


          












         

No comments:

Post a Comment